Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Ladies of Idol

On an up note, I enjoyed hearing two songs by Heart tonight. Overall, I think the men of American Idol are much stronger than the ladies this year. My favorite tonight was the very first one -- Carly Smithson. Based solely on tonight's performance, I wouldn't be surprised if Amanda (the rock and roll nurse) is on her way back to Indiana this time tomorrow night. No one realled "wowed" me tonight.

Here is my opinion of the rest of the Season 7 cast:
  • Alaina Whitaker - won't make it
  • Aleandrea Lushington - Top 10
  • Amanda Overmyer - won't make it
  • Carly Smithson - right now, my favorite female. Will be in the Top 10.
  • Brooke White - Top 10
  • Chikezie - not long for this world
  • Asia'h Epperson - i hope she makes it to the Top 10
  • Danny Noriega - please go home
  • David Archuleta - Definitely Top 10 and may win everything
  • David Cook - I don't think he's nearly as good as he thinks he is
  • Jason Yeager - won't make it
  • Jason Castro - Top 10
  • David Hernandez - don't care
  • Joanne Borgella - Top 10
  • Kady Malloy - Top 10
  • Ramiele Malubay - Top 10
  • Kristy Lee Cook - needs to go more country
  • Luke Menard - a non-entity
  • Robbie Carrico - I'm not a fan
  • Syesha Mercado - Top 10
  • Michael Johns - Top 10. Maybe Top 5. Looks like a cross between Michael Hutchins of INXS and Tim Daly.
Here are my picks for who goes home on Thursday: Amanda Overmyer, Alaina Whitaker, Luke Menard and, if there is any justice in the universe...Danny Noriega.

1 comment:

W Family said...

Just wanted to put in a plug for our soon to be "new home". Kady is from Katy, TX. Cool, huh?

I love reading your blog, brother!

Give some love to your girls...
Amanda