Thursday, February 7, 2008

On the Mend

i went to a pulmonologist last friday -- one of the best in nashville. he gave me a very thorough exam and said that my condition is pretty common. he sees several people each month with my exact scenario. the pneumonia is gone from my lungs but i still have lingering after-effects (choughing, wheezing) from the damage to my lungs. my "bronchial tree" is still inflamed and very irritated. he said if we didn't treat it, it would eventually clear up on its own but it would take several months to do so. with the proper medication and lots of rest, it should heal much quicker. he put me on advair and albuterol and told me to take a week off from work. i've been on the medicine for five days now and i'm feeling better. although, my cough is back today for no apparent reason. it's a process. he wants to see me again in three weeks.

lara and i saw "the bucket list" recently. very good movie. yes, it's predictable and yes, it's emotional at times, but it's definitely worth seeing. i'll take this kind of movie over most of the junk hollywood cranks out any day. both nicholson and freeman turn in outstanding performances. if you want to see two actors at the top of their game and if you're interested in a moving story that causes you to get very introspective, go see it.

No comments: